2.15.2011

a couple of couples

I remember in my dating days I would fret about finding a boy who would go to museums with me. He needed to not only be willing, but I pictured him staring closely at paintings and then calling me over to point out particular paint strokes or color choices.

The first time I met Matt I knew he was a look-at-this-paint-stroke kind of guy. All we talked about at this first meeting (a friend's bbq) was art and how much it means to us. Fast forward to today-we were interviewed by perfect laughter for a month long feature they are doing about couples who creatively work together. Hip hip!

We are now the couple at the museum who make the security guards nervous with our eager lean, noses inches from the paintings. Nothing makes me more happy.

7 comments:

  1. i didn't decide to pursue a master's degree in museum studies until after we got married, nor did i think that museum-going was something that would be a big part of my life, but i also lucked out in marrying someone who doesn't mind being dragged to museums (and there are a lot in DC). robbie and i are not a creative pair, but my favorite part of visiting museums with him is that he sees so many things that i miss. it's always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you found that boy - you two are perfect for each other. :) enjoyed reading the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! In a lovely cute way. My hubs is not so arty or creative, but will humour me. My long time ex was both an artist and of course therefore creative - but - I hated him, sooooo that didn't work out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really couldn't be more perfect for each other. I loved the interview. you two are so popular these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wedding topper on the right is so darling! Yeah for happy couples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woot woot! hey, perfect laughter is a michigan company! how fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vintage cake topper is adorable! The lace skirt and veil is perfect!

    ReplyDelete