3.21.2011

o sole mio

I love grandparents. I love my grandparents, other people's grandparents, and the thought that someday I will be grandparent. A few weeks ago we lost Matt's grandma and being in her house just isn't the same. When we would go to bed we could hear her shuffling around in her room above us. She would walk home from church with us every Sunday and we would joke that we should stop at a cafe we passed and grab a burger. She never caved.


Matt had been filming her about a month previous to her passing and we are so grateful for what he got. We also looked through some old family films and couldn't believe how much history this house has-and how much it hasn't changed.

8 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful. i can't stop watching/listening to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. I can't imagine a more fitting tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, cute, cute, cute, CUTE! I love your mini movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful! you're so lucky to have this portrait of her. i'm so sorry you lost a grandma in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful video, what a treasure. I so agree with your first line, I love grandparents+.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you were so lucky to have a Grandma to love, This was beautiful and so heartfelt. it made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and moving film. it also made me cry. this is close to my heart as my grandma moved house recently away from the place she'd spent nearly 60 years. I took photos as reminders and now I'm working on a comic on memories of the house and what happened inside it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love grandparents too. This is a wonderful wonderful film. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete