12.18.2009

magic music


"Let’s talk about magic. Because music, at its best, is a kind of magic that lifts you up and takes you somewhere else. 'I want my music to sound like throwing yourself out of a tree, or off a tall building, or as if you’re being sucked down into the ocean and you can’t breathe,' says Florence Welch. 'It’s something overwhelming and all-encompassing that fills you up, and you’re either going to explode with it, or you’re just going to disappear.'"

mission SO accomplished Florence.

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I want my music to do to you! If I made music, that is. Such a lofty goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I feel when I get a good creative idea. Now if only the fruits of those ideas could do that to other people..... I guess that's what separates artists from dreamers.

    ReplyDelete